Monday, January 05, 2009

Winter Break is Over

The past month was a pretty slow one. However, it's a new month, and a new quarter, so that means I should have lots of work-related stuff going on. Today I fly up to San Jose to visit a customer for a few days. Fortunately, I'll be back in time for the first Downtown Art Walk of the year.

I'm not the only one who's returning from a break. Today marks the return of Blossom Cafe after two weeks of vacation and remodeling. Yes, they'll still be sporting their C grade for a few more months, but the remodeling is not related. I'm looking forward to seeing what changes they've made. I'll see them when I return from San Jose.

And one more thing. Last year at this time, Franklin Avenue had a "contest" called "The Bloggiest Loser" in which several members of the blog-la-sphere attempted to lose weight (a'la "The Biggest Loser"). The contest was not a success as folks stopped sending updates almost immediately. Though I did not participate, and though Mike is not having the contest this year, I will be recording my weight here once a week in an attempt to see if I can shed some pounds from my ample frame.

So, my weigh-in for today is 257.4 pounds. That puts my BMI at a whopping 38 (as the Wii Fit says, "That's obese!"). So, if my first step is to get the Wii to tell me "That's overweight." instead, means I need to lose roughly 55 pounds. If I wish to have my Wii Fit no longer say I'm overweight, then I would need to lose a further 35 pounds after that. For now, my goal is to shed the 55 pounds by the end of the year. That's just over a pound a week. Obviously, this means more activity and healthy eating. Traveling doesn't make this easy, but I will be recording my endeavors here.

No comments: